This year has been somewhat trying for me. As I sit here surrounded by roaches (which I have seen way to many of recently), mosquito's sucking on every piece of my exposed sweaty skin, missing out on yoga that is taking place right upstairs...I stare at my car sitting in the lonely parking lot and start to think back to when I purchased my Honda Civic a little over three years ago. With this thought I can honestly say that since this purchase I have had a insane amount of bad luck. Actually, I am just going to go ahead and say that I do believe this car has been my "voodoo doll" for the past 3 years. It all makes sense now, 2 failed relationships, 5 random car accidents and even more break downs, a questionable social life, disapointing bank account (thanks car payment), and a very unsuccessful career path are all because I bought this tainted 2005 Honda Civic.
Frustration and anger overwhelm me as I wait for over an hour on not only a car battery service but also a lock smith because when it rains it pours and so not only did my battery die but yes 15 minutes later I lock my keys in the car. Sitting here waiting with my new bestfriends Agner and Frustration and my oh so reliable civic, I have the time to not only discover what I think is a new breed of cockroach( that is somewhat cute?) but also reflect on all of the "special features" that clearly came with the purchase of this new car 3 years ago. I guess I should have read the small print that said..." Rachael, with the automatic lock system and keyless entry, with no extra charge we throw in a ridicules amount of bad luck lasting for the next 3 to 5 years". Oh Lucky Me, where do I sign! Oh and judging by the time it is taking the lock smith and the battery tech to come and service my car this evening, even though stressed to Triple A that I was "not in a safe location"....I am guessing Triple A and Honda are in business together. How sweet.
On the flip side I also had the time to slap myself in the face with reality. While sometimes I might feel as if I live in a third world country with all my "poor me" stories, I know that I have the good life. I am faced with small challenges like everyone else, some are a whole lot worse than mine. Tonight I learned that at times like this it is easy to count and blame all the bad things that have happened to me and start feeling sorry for myself as if it is me against the world. The hard part is to see the bigger picture, see how and with who you have overcome each and every challenge with. That is success, that is life. The good is never easy, the good is always hard, harder to see and harder to gain. But when you finally do see the good, it will all make sense and it will all be worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment